Generally, the employees of the private sector change jobs many times. Sometimes jobs are changed quite frequently. In such cases, it often happens that PF accounts are neither transferred nor withdrawn. Such PF accounts go inoperative. EPFO has now initiated a move to enable employees to track such inoperative accounts.
If you want to benefit under this newly launched scheme of EPFO, go through the information shared here. We have shown here how you can track inoperative PF accounts. Currently, the EPFO has approximately Rs. 27,000 crore in such inoperative accounts. Now government launch new portal to check epf balance status at UAN member portal.
The reason for such a huge number of inoperative accounts is that until recently EPFO never created an online platform. You can also follow our website for EPF related any query or information. EPFO is not paying interest on such inoperative accounts which are not active for more than 36 months. But, employees can now get the stuck PF amount from the inoperative dormant PF accounts. You can now check also how to pay EPF payment online.
Track your Inoperative EPF Account Details Online
The EPFO helpdesk will track your inoperative account on the basis of the details provided by you. The more details you will provide, the easier it will be for you to track your inoperative account.
1. Visit the EPFO official website.
2. Click the option ‘For Employee’s at the bottom menu.
3. Click on the option showing ‘Inoperative Account Helpdesk’.
4. You will get a window to describe your problem.
5. Type in your problem and click next. You will get a new screen where you will have to fill up all the details.
6. Just type in whatever details you have related to your inactive PF account.
7. At the next stage, you will be providing all your personal details on the screen.
8. After fill up details, click Get PIN option. You will get acknowledgement reference number on your mobile.
Now visit the helpdesk and login using your reference number. Your query will be diverted to the concerned regional EPF office. They will help you in locating your inoperative account. If you do not know establishment code or your PF number, your case will be transferred to the centralized helpdesk. Also you can see PF claim status enquiry at our portal or visit its official website. You will be called for further information. There is no time limit set for tracking inoperative PF accounts yet.